HANDY is a simple monk who serves Thai and American society. He live in the Thai monastery in Silver Spring, Maryland since 1992. He is Yoga and Meditation master, especially Theravadin tradition.

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Recovery


My mother was distressed and fearful at leaving me in the hospital. On the way home, there was the Buddha statue has been set up under the Bodhi tree in front of the hospital building, she went before a Buddha statue and prayed for his help. She promised the Buddha that if I survived she would place me in a temple and have me ordained as a novice when I finished elementary school. She lit a candle and incense sticks before the Buddha statue, all the while truly believing that if she asked sincerely, the Buddha would really help her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home