HANDY is a simple monk who serves Thai and American society. He live in the Thai monastery in Silver Spring, Maryland since 1992. He is Yoga and Meditation master, especially Theravadin tradition.

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Recovery2


Soon after that night my mother prayed to the Buddha, I recovered from my disease. I returned to finish elementary school, and graduated when I was eleven years old. The educational system in Thailand is different from the US. In Thailand, when students finish elementary school, they have the choice to continue with their education or to go on to something else. In my situation, my mother wanted to fulfill her promise and have me ordain as a novice and stay at the village temple. However, when I was eleven I was still too young to take care of myself, and wasn’t able to be away from my home and family. My mother thought I should wait until I turned fourteen to ordain as a novice, so I continued to work and help my family on the farm as much as I could.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home